Young women represent a large pool of entrepreneurial potential in the Danube Region (DR) as 52% of its population is female and 30% of them are self-employed.
However, only 10% of young women in the DR are at early stage of business development and only 2% of them establish a business which lasts more than 42 months. The entrepreneurial potential of young women in the DR is underdeveloped.
WOMEN IN BUSINESS comes as a response to certain specific needs of young women entrepreneurs (YWE) in the DR through project transnational activities focused on:
- comprehensive mapping, evaluation and comparison of needs and barriers which young women face (Transnational Study of Current State on Young Women Entrepreneurship Support),
- available policy measures in the Danube Region for young women entrepreneurship support (Analysis of existing policy and legaslative framework on Young Women Entrepreneurship Support in the Danube Region),
- policy improvement to be aligned to their needs through a developed Policy Agenda,
- development of innovative solutions and training models for improvement of the entrepreneurial culture, skills and competencies among them
- pilot testing of the new training models,
- establishment of 4 Women Entrepreneurship Centers (EWCs) in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania.
The consortium of 14 project partners from 9 Danube Region countries brings together national and regional, public and private organizations and universities, whose specific thematic background guarantees a solid knowledge and necessary expertise by coming forward with appropriate innovative solutions. It will upgrade existing cooperation mechanisms between the target groups based on quadruple helix model.
Project outputs and results are to benefit the wider community within the DR and will have a strong social impact.
All knowledge accumulated in the project will be transferred to other countries from the DR through numerous project events, project dissemination channels and tools and European networks in which project partners participate.
- Start date
- End date
- Budget in Euro
- Overall: 2021050
- ERDF Contribution: 1437392,5
- IPA Contribution: 144500
- ENI Contribution: 136000
- Call number
- Call 2
- Innovative and socially responsible Danube region
- Specific objective
- Increase competences for business and social innovation
|Filename||Date of upload|
|Concept of Women Entrepreneurship Centres||30-04-2019 22:40:36|
|Transnational Study of Current State on Young Women Entrepreneurship Support||29-04-2019 19:32:24|
|Regional Agency for Entrepreneurship and Innovations - Varna||Lead email@example.com||BULGARIA|
|Innovation Region Styria LTD||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||AUSTRIA|
|Varna Free University “Chernorizets Hrabar”||ERDF email@example.com||BULGARIA|
|Technology Park Varaždin Ltd||ERDF partner||Emilija.firstname.lastname@example.org||CROATIA|
|bwcon GmbH||ERDF email@example.com||GERMANY|
Join us on the Intrenational Conference "Future of Women Entrepreneurship" on the 10th of May 2021 from 09:30 to 12:30 CET and don't miss your chance to meet the keynote speakers... Barbara Eibinger-Miedl, Minister Government of Styria for...
BWCON and WOMEN IN BUSINESS project team invite you to a networking event: "More visibility for female entrepreneurs and women in leadership positions" which will be held on the 4th of May 2021 from 16:00-18:00 CET. The aim is to provide a...
The International Conference hosted by Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Štajerska, Slovenia, will take place via ZOOM with simultaneous translation from Slovenian to English and vice versa. You can register here:
Policy Agenda for Young Women Entrepreneurship Support provides concrete policy actions for policy orientation, integrating key project conclusions into the existing EU, national and regional policy and legislative framework. The full text...
Innovation Region Styria Ltd has the pleasure to invite you to the International Online Conference "FUTURE OF WOMEN ENTREPRENEURSHIP" within the WOMEN IN BUSINESS project. It will take place on Monday, 10th May 2021, at 09:30 AM (CET). The...