Young women represent a large pool of entrepreneurial potential in the Danube Region (DR) as 52% of its population is female and 30% of them are self-employed.
However, only 10% of young women in the DR are at early stage of business development and only 2% of them establish a business which lasts more than 42 months. The entrepreneurial potential of young women in the DR is underdeveloped.
WOMEN IN BUSINESS comes as a response to certain specific needs of young women entrepreneurs (YWE) in the DR through project transnational activities focused on:
- comprehensive mapping, evaluation and comparison of needs and barriers which young women face (Transnational Study of Current State on Young Women Entrepreneurship Support & Transnational Study of the Covid-19 consequenses to female entrepreneurs),
- available policy measures in the Danube Region for young women entrepreneurship support (Analysis of existing policy and legaslative framework on Young Women Entrepreneurship Support in the Danube Region),
- policy improvement to be aligned to their needs through a developed Policy Agenda,
- development of innovative solutions and training models for improvement of the entrepreneurial culture, skills and competencies among them
- pilot testing of the new training models,
- establishment of 4 Women Entrepreneurship Centers (EWCs) in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania.
The consortium of 14 project partners from 9 Danube Region countries brings together national and regional, public and private organizations and universities, whose specific thematic background guarantees a solid knowledge and necessary expertise by coming forward with appropriate innovative solutions. It will upgrade existing cooperation mechanisms between the target groups based on quadruple helix model.
Project outputs and results are to benefit the wider community within the DR and will have a strong social impact.
All knowledge accumulated in the project will be transferred to other countries from the DR through numerous project events, project dissemination channels and tools and European networks in which project partners participate.
- Start date
- End date
- Budget in Euro
- Overall: 2086442
- ERDF Contribution: 1492975.7
- IPA Contribution: 144500
- ENI Contribution: 136000
- Call number
- Call 2
- Innovative and socially responsible Danube region
- Specific objective
- Increase competences for business and social innovation
|Filename||Date of upload|
|Transnational pilot actions to test EWCs||11-10-2021 09:02:28|
|Policy Agenda for YWE Support in EU legislation||11-10-2021 08:57:37|
|Training models for fostering YWEs||11-10-2021 08:55:39|
|Learning events organized in 6 countries||11-10-2021 08:53:25|
|Database of Good Practices for Fostering YWEs||11-10-2021 08:52:06|
|Regional Agency for Entrepreneurship and Innovations - Varna||Lead email@example.com||BULGARIA|
|Innovation Region Styria LTD||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||AUSTRIA|
|Varna Free University “Chernorizets Hrabar”||ERDF email@example.com||BULGARIA|
|Technology Park Varaždin Ltd||ERDF partner||Emilija.firstname.lastname@example.org||CROATIA|
|bwcon GmbH||ERDF email@example.com||GERMANY|
WOMEN IN BUSINESS project is glad to present to your attention the Label of Women Entrepreneurship Centre. The Label provides an overall insight and a detailed overview on specifics of Women Entrepreneurship Centres (EWCs), criteria and procedure...
In the very last days of WOMEN IN BUSINESS project implementation we would like to bring to the attention to all interested policy makers, national public authorities, international organizations and interest groups the Policy Guide on Young...
Here is how Women Entrepreneurship Centres established within WOMEN IN BUSINESS project plan to ensure their sustainability for to improve gender diversity in the Danube region businesses. The Strategy takes a broader approach and includes...
The Guide is intended to help every interested institution to set up and run Women Entrepreneurship Centre. The model presented in it is based on indentified good practices in the field and pilot tested EWCs within the WOMEN IN BUSINESS...
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the lives of individuals and societies, including on the economy and labour markets, is unprecedented in modern history. The speed and severity with which economic consequences have taken hold demonstrate...