The number of urban regeneration (UR) initiatives promoted by European cities is rising. The new status quo is that UR strategies should encompass an integrated approach. Cities face challenges to develop a culture that generates public/private synergies to promote SMEs & stimulate creative urban communities. They need to tailor their UR policies to local specificities and assets & integrate local stakeholders.
In line with the Programme, we identified 2 main challenges:
- Lack of transnational cooperation & coordination on institutional level hindering R&I potential of the Danube region (DR)
- Insufficient capability of SMEs to adapt to innovation needs
These challenges convey the following needs:
- To establish a transnational creative UR network to improve cross-linkages & optimize internal synergies between creative & cultural industries (CCIs), R&D & public sector in UR in the DR
- To institutionalize exchange of good practice in UR
- To implement pilot actions based on open innovation via smart specialization strategies (S3) & KETs
- To strengthen service, social & eco-innovation capacities of SMEs
25 partners from 12 countries will support RESTART_4Danube’s main objective to improve the framework conditions & policy instruments supporting S3 for a new model of UR involving CCIs. The project includes a quadruple helix partnership to develop new types of governance & public policies in an innovative approach combining tandems & follower cities.
The envisaged results are a significantly improved transnational & institutional cooperation, and an enhanced capacity building - mostly thanks to the Local Action Plans & innovative trainings in UR.
The activities will produce 10 outputs improving innovative framework conditions in UR (SO 1.1):
- 1 common strategy
- 1 set of tools for Creative Urban Regeneration
- 5 Local Action Plans
- 1 package of cooperation agreements between entreprises and R&D
- 1 package of Readiness Level Audits
- 1 training toolkit
- Start date
- End date
- Budget in Euro
- Overall: 1,814,895
- ERDF Contribution: 1,348,100
- IPA Contribution: 57,710.75
- ENI Contribution: 136,850
- Call number
- Call 3
- Innovative and socially responsible Danube region
- Specific objective
- Improve framework conditions for innovation
|Filename||Date of upload|
|D.T4.2.1 Policy booklet on new Governance Models for Urban Communities||19-11-2021 11:34:18|
|D.T4.1.5 Capitalizing the implications of COVID-19 in CCIs for UR.pdf||19-11-2021 11:32:55|
|D.T3.3.1 DTF handbook||19-11-2021 11:31:08|
|D.T1.1.2 Compendium of good practices||19-11-2021 11:30:36|
|D.T1.1.1 Danubian baseline study||19-11-2021 11:29:43|
|University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest||Lead firstname.lastname@example.org||Romania|
|School of Advanced Social Studies||ERDF partner||Tamara.email@example.com||Slovenia|
|IPA - Research and development company, engineering and manufacturing for automation equipments and systems||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Romania|
|Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Vratsa||ERDF email@example.com||Bulgaria|
|Steinbeis 2i GmbH||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Germany|
On the 1st of February, the RESTART_4Danube project team initiated the 2022 “Creative Danurban contest” – the competition that aims at bringing young and prosperous creative minds to develop business or project ideas supporting (sub)urban...
Craiova City Hall, as organizer, together with IPA Craiova – both project partners in RESTART_4Danube, are pleased to invite you to the event ‘Study visit Craiova’, co-financed by European Union funds, within the Danube Transnational Programme,...
The University of Maribor is organizing a virtual Midterm conference as part of the RESTART_4Danube project, entitled »Creative and Urban Regeneration Days« on 28th and 29th of October 2021. The event is organized for companies, researchers,...
Newsflash! The first promotional video of RESTART_4Danube is online! You are welcome to watch it on our Youtube channel and don't forget to subscribe!
RESTART_4Danube consortium is pleased to invite you to the 1st Danurban Taskforce meeting, which will take place online via Microsoft Teams platform on the14th of April 2021, starting from 1:30 pm CET. The main aim of this meeting is to form...