The workshop was organized by our Made in Danube project partner IPA CIFATT Craiova together with the National Institute of Research and Development for Chemistry and Petrochemistry in Bucharest (Romania) in the framework of the project: "Research on the identification of priorities for the development of the bioeconomy in Romania for the period 2016-2030". The project is financed by the State Budget through the Ministry of Research and Innovation - State Authority for Scientific Research, Technological Development and Innovation, Sectorial Plan.
During this event the following points were presented and discussed:
- Bioeconomy in Europe, Romania and Oltenia Region
- Debate on the strategic directions and development objectives of the bio-economy in Romania
- The provisions of the National Strategy for Research and Development and Innovation, the Strategy for Sustainable Development and the European Strategy for Bioeconomy "A bioeconomy for Europe", COM (2012) 60 final)
- Smart Specialisation Strategy in Oltenia Region
- Possibilites for target groups, provided by the Danube Interreg program Made in Danube.
- Establishment of a regional network in the field of bioeconomics
- Good practices in bio-economy at national and regional level
- Analyzing and evaluating the R & D potential in Bioeconomic field
- Database containing the appropriate components
- The potential of bioeconomy research in Romania and Oltenia Region
The workshop was attended by members of the academic and business community, representatives of regional and local public authorities in order to support smart specialication in Romania.
During the workshop Gabriel Vladut from IPA presented briefly the Made in Danube project with its goals, achievements and cooperation possibilites for stakeholders.
Furthermore he presented the definition, the role and the 9 steps of Technology Readiness Levels (TRL), the role of technological transfer on bioeconomy as well as a common methodology for TO, TR, IA and Brokerage events in the Danube region.