Within 4th period in Dare2Connect the Environmental Agency Austria hosted a two days workshop in December 2019 in Vienna for the conceptualization of a Regional Guiding Principle (RGP) for Pilot Region 1 (P1) – Bavarian Forest – Mühlviertel – Šumava.
Besides more general topics the main content of workshop was very specific for the project and in some innovative aspects have been discussed:
- Developing a general vision for the Pilot region 1
- Identification of gaps between Natura 2000 Areas within the Green Belt in the Pilot region 1
- Extensively managed grasslands and their importance for the protection of meadow birds species
- Scenarios for the connection of grasslands and forests have been discussed
- Analyzing Connectivity and Ecosystem Services using QGIS and Guidos Toolbox
- Mapping EUNIS-Habitats with multi-temporal Sentinel-2 Data
- Main inputs of the RGP to be communicated to stakeholders.
Outcomes of the meeting are important for work in other 5 pilot regions, which fully or partially incorporates activities lited above.