A conference "Wood and Innovation" will be organized in Opatija on 4th of June. The focus of the conference are innovations which result from the collaboration of forest-based industries with other industries. The main objectives are:
- To show that forest-based industries offer plenty of possibilities to create innovative products
- To intensify the connections among companies and related supporting institutions
- To present innovative projects and possible methodology on how to develop innovations in practice
- To boost the collaboration between SMEs from forest-based industries and other industries.
In the framework of the conference, a B2B matchmaking event is planned to promote interaction of participating companies and other entities around their activities, products, and services. All interested participants have the opportunity to introduce their businesses to both potential partners and new markets.
The conference will also host a workshop about how to sell innovations, and the B2B event will give an opportunity for interaction among the following relevant stakeholders:
- Forest industry, wood processing industry, wood construction, furniture production, doors and windows production, forest and wood biomass, and all other sectors of forest-based industries (=FBI)
- Agriculture, construction, tourism, IT, textile, plastic, metal and all other sectors with the potential to develop innovations together with forest and wood processing industry
- Institutions and supporting organizations (R&D, clusters, relevant policymakers, education, regional development agencies, financial institutions etc.)
The conference is organized by FORESDA Consortium and with the support of the CROATIAN WOOD CLUSTER. The participation is free of charge but due to organizational reasons, preregistration is needed.