As part of a significant local event – Honey Days, on Friday, February 22, 2019, in Pazin, a panel discussion titled “AUTHENTIC ISTRA: Specifics and Potentials” was held. The Panel Discussion was organized by LAG “Central Istria” as one of the activities in the implementation of the INSiGHTS project from the Interreg Danube and its aim was to consider the further development of the destination, which includes the area of three tourist boards on the area – central Istria, Motovun municipality and Žminj Municipality. Participants and guests were presented with the findings of the assessment of national tourism development strategies that was carried out as part of the project implementation and were suggested with improvements to encourage the further development of sustainable tourism in Croatia and the region of Istria.
The Panel Discussion was attended by the representatives of tourist boards Sanja Kantaruti, Iva Jeletić Prodan and Nensi Pereša Licul who presented their areas as well as by the following panelists who participated at the discussion:
- Assistant Minister of Tourism of the Republic of Croatia, Monika Udovičić;
- Head of the Department of Tourism of the Istrian County, Nada Prodan Mraković;
- Acting Head of the Department for Product Development and Support to the Destinations of the Croatian Tourist Board, Darija Tödtling;
- Mayor of the Town of Pazin, Renato Krulčić;
- Head of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry, Hunting, Fisheries and Water Management of the Istrian County, Ezio Pinzan;
- Director of Enterprise WYG Consulting, Mladen Vojković.
As part of the panel discussion, LAG “Central Istria” presented also the main results of the project – sustainable tourism strategy and interactive map available at www.authentic-istria.com.