To help tighten the ties between the Danube Port Community members, a series of events have been planned by the DAPhNE partners for 2019:
- Port Policy Day 2019 - Vienna, 10 April 2019
- Conference on port digitalisation - Vienna, 11 April 2019
- Port Info Day - Munich, 5th June 2019 /12:00 – 14:00 pm/ – side event at the Transport Logistics Fair;
- Final (closing) event - Vienna, 12 June 2019
Interested parties are invited to attend and get in contact with the Lead Partner (PDI) to learn more details regarding their participation. Contact: Ruxandra Florescu, Project Manager - email@example.com.
Synergies with EUSDR PA1A
On 12 of June 2019 an event within the EU Strategy for the Danube Region, the Working group for Ports & sustainable freight transport, will be organized by PA 1a – inland waterways in cooperation with PA 1b – rail, road and air links. The aim of the joint meeting is to discuss the following actions of the EUSDR Action Plan (European Commission's Document SEC(2010) 1489, December 2010): "To develop ports in the Danube river basin into multimodal logistics centres" and "To promote sustainable freight transport in the Danube region". The meeting is open for representatives of the public institutions and administrations dealing with the administration of transport infrastructure, representatives of the transport business sector, professional organisations and universities. The specific objectives of the meeting are:
- to obtain an overview of the port development initiatives along the Danube river and its navigable tributaries,
- the development of road and rail port connections,
- how the intermodal / multimodal connections can be improved for a better modal integration.
The event will be held after the final event of DAPhNE project.