2018 will be the European Year of Cultural Heritage (EYCH 2018). The overall objective of the European Year of Cultural Heritage is to encourage the sharing and appreciation of Europe's cultural heritage, to raise awareness of our common history and values, and to reinforce a sense of belonging in a common European space.
The DTP DANUrB project has been selected to be labelled as a relevant project on culture and/or creative industries for EU Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 (EYCH 2018). DANUrB project has been labelled because it contributes to achieve one or more of the objectives of the Year, as laid down in Decision (EU) 2017/864 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2017 on a European Year of Cultural Heritage (2018).
The general objectives of the European Year:
- Cultural heritage as a pivotal component of cultural diversity and inter-cultural dialogue
- Cultural heritage's contribution to the economy
- Cultural heritage as an element of the relations between the EU and third countries
The specific objectives of the European Year:
- People-centred, inclusive, forward-looking, more integrated, sustainable and cross-sectoral approaches to cultural heritage
- Innovative models of participatory governance and management
- Debate and research on the quality of conservation, safeguarding, innovative reuse and enhancement of cultural heritage
- Cultural heritage accessible to all
- Research and innovation for cultural heritage, statistics
- Synergy between cultural heritage and environment policies
- Regional and local development strategies and sustainable tourism
- Skills and knowledge management and transfer in the cultural heritage sector
- Cultural heritage as a source of inspiration for contemporary creation and innovation
- Education and lifelong learning
- Intercultural dialogue, post-conflict reconciliation and conflict prevention
- Research and innovation in relation to cultural heritage
- Preventing the illicit trafficking of cultural goods
- Focus on 2018 events that have a symbolic importance for Europe's history and cultural heritage
For more information about the DANUrB project, please visit www.interreg-danube.eu/danurb
Follow the DANUrB project on social media:
This project is co-funded by the European Union funds (ERDF and IPA).