The three funded fleet operators of the project (NAVROM in cooperation with SDG, FLUVIUS, DANUBIA) were involved in the development of innovative and greening inland vessel concepts, participating to the creation of best practises, with the objective to get prepared for funding application. The advanced “green” vessel designs were elaborated considering most promising greening technologies and solutions leading to increased efficiency in terms of ship efficiency and navigation performance. The innovative and greening inland vessel concepts are available via the Library section of the website.
In cooperation with NAVROM, SDG developed the following vessel concepts:
• Conceptual design for retrofitting of 4 pusher types for NRMM Stage V compliance,
• Conceptual design of a new LNG propelled pusher.
FLUVIUS elaborated the following vessel concepts:
• Concept for electricity produced from renewable sources,
• Advanced concept of diesel-electric or hybrid propulsion,
• Concept for changing main engines,
• Elaboration of conceptual design for improving the hydrodynamics of the vessel hull design.
Some other vessel concepts were developed by DANUBIA, passenger fleet operator:
• Concept for sewage plant upgrade to latest specifications,
• Concept for improvement of noise and vibration characteristics (internal and external).