The Kick-off event of Drought Risk in the Danube Region (DriDanube) project will take place on 16 March 2017 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The main outputs and expected results of the project will be presented and connections with similar initiatives will be sought at Danube Region, EU and global level.
The event will focus on the needs and challenges for drought management in the Danube region. It aims to serve as a forum for discussion among stakeholders from the whole region, experts working on drought, water managers, scientists and representatives of authorities. Particularly, the conference will address the following questions:
- How can earth observations support drought monitoring and early warning?
- How can we quickly and efficiently assess drought impacts?
- How high is the drought risk in the Danube region?
- Which strategies support DriDanube project?
- What are end users’ needs and expectations of DriDanube outputs?
Different perspectives on the discussed issues will be also presented by key speakers from World Meteorological Organization, Joint Research Center, European Environment Agency, University of Freiburg, University of Ljubljana, representatives of the EUSDR, and others.
Welcome to the DriDanube kick-off event!