In principle the following types of action are supported under the cooperation programme:
- Development of common orientations, frameworks and strategies in fields of transnational relevance where early policy development is needed (i.e. in fields which until now have not been touched by significant projects in the previous programming periods)
- Development and practical implementation of transnational tools and services (e.g. analytical tools, management tools, technical tools, software tools, monitoring tools)
- Preparation of transnational investments (infrastructure, equipment) to be subsequently financed through other sources
- Pilot activities including small-scale fixed investments (of testing or demonstration nature)
- Development and practical implementation of training and capacity building (e.g. training seminars and courses, study visits, peer reviews)
- Accompanying information, dissemination, capitalisation and publicity measures to inform stakeholders and/or the general public about project activities and outcomes
These are only some examples of the actions that a project may include. However, a project approved by the Danube Transnational Programme is expected to include many more aspects of the above-listed types of actions. Examples of actions to be supported under the programme are described in section 2 of the Cooperation Programme document. Furthermore the complementarities of planned interventions with the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR) both in the programming process as well as in the implementation phase are outlined in section 4.4 of the Cooperation Programme document.