Innovative and socially responsible Danube region - Increase competences for business and social innovation
Project Idea Promoter
(name of the institution)
South-West University "Neofit Rilski"
Needs and challenges
(Needs, main problems or challenges to be addressed)
Efficient use of solar resources and building systems for rational use of underground water sources.
(main and specific objectives to be achieved)
1. Re-use of water and recycling (especially in areas with water scarcity and drought)
2. Water and waste water treatment, including recovery of the resources
3. Building smart solar systems providing their own power supply
Main results and core outputs
Establishment of technology platforms (incubators) for joint initiatives in the field of development and introduction of innovative environmental technologies aimed at pooling the efforts of all stakeholders and the effective use of partners’ research potential.
Conducting research and analyses about the ecosystems in their regions and revealing opportunities for the implementation of circular economy through modern solutions for the efficient use of natural resources.
Main foreseen activities
1. Research, development and establishment of systems for environmentally friendly production of energy for own renewable energy needs by installing solar panels on the roofs of the academic buildings.
2. Construction of a pumping system, powered solely and entirely by solar energy
3. Construction of photovoltaic parking facilities at the university campus
4. Construction of a sewage treatment plant for the university’s waste water and energy supply from the university’s own renewable sources
5. Creating a technology platform for joint initiatives in the field of development and deployment of innovative environmental technologies.
Innovative character of the project idea
The idea is to promote eco-innovation. Since the development of innovations requires substantial resources, it is appropriate to set up technology platforms for joint initiatives in the field of developing and introducing innovative environmental technologies to enable the effective use of partners’ research potential. Establishing an environmental model for conducting research about the ecosystems of partners' regions and revealing opportunities for the implementation of circular economy through modern technical solutions for the efficient use of natural resources.
Application of technical innovations in the field of water resource studies, taking into account the negative trends of climate change and their impact on the reduction of resources.
Estimated Total Budget
Associated Strategic Partners
Associated Strategic Partners
Peter Borisov Milanov
66 Ivan Mihaylov Str., 2700 Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
Is the applicant the project's potential Lead Partner?
If not, is the potential Lead Partner already being chosen?
Programme co-funded by European Union funds (ERDF, IPA, ENI)