Transport planning conference. Bratislava. September 5-6, 2018
For an overview of the conference main results and highlights please consult the conference report.
!!! Conference REPORT now available at this link
“Sustainable Transportation Planning in the Carpathians. Latest developments and steps forward”
Conference in Bratislava, Slovakia, 5-6 September 2018
Why? Purpose & aim of the event
- To learn about recent developments in the Carpathians & to raise awareness on the need for cross-sectoral approaches on sustainable transportation infrastructure development in the Carpathians,
- To gain feedback for preliminary findings of the TRANSGREEN Project for better integration of stakeholders’ needs in the documents to be developed,
- To prepare the basic background for elaborating the Carpathian Convention Strategic Action Plan on Sustainable Transportation in the Carpathians
Who is attends the conference?
Approximate number of participants 80-100.
- International stakeholders:
- Members of Carpathian Convention Working Groups on Biodiversity, Sustainable Transport, Spatial Planning and of the Implementation Committee
- EU representatives (DG Environment, European Environment Agency (TBC), EU Working Group on Green Infrastructure, EUSDR PA1b & PA6 coordinators plus Steering Group members)
- Alpine Convention representatives
- National public authorities: Carpathian Countries Ministries of the Environment, Transport and Spatial Development representatives we are working with and from other countries (e.g. Poland, Serbia, Slovenia, Bulgaria)
- Regional public authorities
- Sectoral agencies: Nature Conservation Agencies, landscape protection authority, agencies dealing with EIA, spatial planning, regional development
- Infrastructure and (public) service providers: motorway & railway companies & authorities
- Interest groups: NGOs, universities, research institutions, natural resource managers (farmers, hunters, foresters etc)
- Experts: IENE representatives, DTP Thematic Pole 6 Projects related to transport
What? Short agenda
WWF Danube-Carpathian Programme, Slovak National Motorway Company (NDS), CEEweb for Biodiversity (Project Partners), Secretariat of the Carpathian Convention with content support from IENE - Infra Eco Network Europe