The Danube region is one of the most promising tourism destinations in Europe. Most of the trips to and within the Danube region are carried out by car, causing negative impacts to the environment and the inhabitants. The project Transdanube.Pearls aims at addressing these challenges by developing socially fair, economically viable, environmentally friendly and health promoting mobility services for the visitors of the Danube region.
The central element of the project is the establishment of a network of destinations (“Transdanube.Pearls”) committed to sustainable mobility for tourists and inhabitants along the Danube which will support cooperation between different stakeholders from the transport and the tourism sector. This network will increase the visibility of the participating destinations offering their visitors the unique possibility to travel the Danube with sustainable means of transport. The network of destinations aims at:
- Offering visitors the possibility to reach the Pearls without private car by better combining existing mobility services
- Allowing visitors to travel the Pearl with new and improved sustainable means of transport developed and tested in the project
- Providing the visitors with a sustainable option to travel to the next Pearl (or home)
- Providing user-friendly and easy accessible information on existing sustainable mobility services and tourism offers
- Empowering local and regional stakeholders to bring forward the concept of sustainable mobility in tourism beyond project lifetime
Further Project Outputs:
- Development of integrated sustainable mobility services and improvement of possibilities to travel along the Danube with different means of transportation (e.g. train, bus, bike, ship), especially on the last mile
- Trainings for local and regional stakeholders provide the opportunity to develop further sustainable mobility services
- Provision of user-friendly and easy accessible information on existing travel and sustainable mobility services through the development of transnational web platforms and the establishment of regional mobility centers along the Danube as “one-stop-shops”
- Provision of attractive travel packages for visitors travelling along the Danube
Feel free to check the homepage of our previous project “Transdanube”: http://transdanube.eu/
Video produced by Nóra (IVY Reporter) who joined the travel team on the Assessment Tour in Hungary in August 2018:
Transdanube.Pearls - Interreg Reporter Project Interview
- Start date
- End date
- Budget in Euro
- Overall: 2937908,99
- ERDF Contribution: 2189017,49
- IPA Contribution: 308205,14
- ENI Contribution: 0
- Call number
- Call 1
- Better connected and energy responsible Danube region
- Specific objective
- Support environmentally-friendly and safe transport systems and balanced accessibility of urban and rural areas
|Filename||Date of upload|
|Guideline Transnational Mobility Tourism Product||29-01-2018 15:07:26|
|Guideline Mobility Information Centers||29-01-2018 15:06:50|
|Guideline Flexible Transport Systems||29-01-2018 15:06:21|
|Guideline Flexible Transport Systems||29-01-2018 15:06:19|
|Guideline Bike Carriage||29-01-2018 15:05:52|
|Environment Agency Austria||Lead email@example.com||AUSTRIA|
|Danube Office Ulm/Neu-Ulm||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||GERMANY|
|WGD Danube Upper Austria Tourism Ltd.||ERDF email@example.com||AUSTRIA|
|Regionalmanagement Burgenland Ltd.||ERDF partner||Martina.firstname.lastname@example.org||AUSTRIA|
|Bratislava Self-Governing Region||ERDF email@example.com||SLOVAKIA|
Finalization of factsheets on Common Standards and the Danube.Pearls network Two factsheets (out of 8) have been already finalized. The factsheets summarize the main information about two outputs: 1. The common standards: the...
Mid-term Conference in the project Transdanube.Pearls Over 100 representatives of the tourism and mobility sector from the Danube region attended the mid-term conference of the EU project Transdanube.Pearls in Neu-Ulm (Germany) on 11 July...
TRANSDANUBE.PEARLS IS NOMINATED FOR THE AUSTRIAN MOBILITY AWARD 2018 OF THE "VERKEHRSCLUB ÖSTERREICH" Our project is already under the top 5 and has the chance to win the award. Public voting is still possible until 25 July! Whoever wants...
Presentation of the project at the International Danube Festival in Ulm/Neu-Ulm During the International Danube Festival in Ulm/Neu-Ulm that took place from 6-15 July 2018, the Donaubüro Ulm/Neu-Ulm took the chance and presented the...
Half time! On Wednesday, 11 July our Mid-term Conference in the project will take place in Neu-Ulm (Germany). International project partners and representatives from the mobility and tourism sector will participate and discuss the necessity...