MOVECO’s new brochure » Your trash is my treasure « is launched and displays best practice solutions for the circular economy in the Danube region. Each country of the MOVECO partnership has chosen one inspiring circular product or business model that could set an example for others. Thus, we show examples from Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria. Enjoy reading!
To read our brochure "Your trash is my treasure", please click here.
Waste as a Resource
- EDELWERKSTATT and Kunst vom Rand e.V. design various products, e.g. out of fire hoses, old books and can tabs (Austria)
Reuse & Repair & Product-life Extension
- Recycle it has, besides an e-waste recycling plant, an online shop for refurbished second-hand electronics (Germany)
- Repair Café International is the key driver behind the successful concept of Repair Cafés where things are repaired together; several hundreds of places exist in 33 countries, e.g. in Austria, Germany, Romania and Slovenia (global)
- Reparatur- und Service-Zentrum R.U.S.Z is a social enterprise in Vienna and Graz for repairing, renting and selling (second hand) electric and electronic equipment.
- Waste Management Corporation of Munich (AWM) runs an online exchange platform and a second-hand store called Halle 2 where used goods can be purchased, repair cafés are organised and auctions are made (Germany)
- GreenLab utilizes cocoa waste material for production organic fertilizer (Germany)
- TRIGEMA produces biodegradable, Cradle to Cradle® certified shirts (Germany)
Product as a Service
- Kleiderei rents fashionable clothes (Germany)
- ReCup implements coffee-to-go with returnable cups incl. a practical deposit system (Germany)
- TURTLEBOX rents stable, reusable moving boxes (Germany)
Resource Efficiency & Waste Prevention
- rutaNatur is a packaging-free organic grocery shop (Germany)
- SENSONEO provides smart enterprise-grade waste management solutions for cities and businesses to cost-effectively manage the waste lifecycle and improve the environment and well-being of people (Slovakia)
- IHK München und Oberbayern has a website (in German) on sharing economy with 156 examples (Germany)
Do you know a best practice example from the Danube region to be included?