Fostering a common bond in the Danube Region via heritage shared by all Danube countries is the main aim of the Danube Transnational Programme project “Living Danube Limes”. The Roman Danube Limes heritage and the Danube itself connect Central Europe with South-Eastern Europe and Living Danube Limes will further enhance that connection by highlighting the common heritage and the potential it holds for future development.
Living Danube Limes will
- foster a common Roman brand for the Danube countries,
- pave the ground for a Cultural Route spanning the whole Danube Region,
- develop strategies for preservation and management of cultural and natural heritage and
- foster green and sustainable tourism development.
For reaching this goal, Living Danube Limes follows a holistic approach to these issues, including
- archaeology and history,
- museums as dissemination hubs for both academia and the broad public,
- protection measures for cultural heritage and sustainable tourism solutions.
- Academia and broad public are directly linked via the reconstruction of the 4th century CE Danube patrol vessel, a lusoria, which is also the physical link between the identified pilot sites and the partner countries themselves.
All these aspects of Living Danube Limes are equally important, interlinked and directly dependent on each other.
Follow Living Danube Limes-project on social media:
- Start date
- End date
- Budget in Euro
- Overall: 3151121.2
- ERDF Contribution: 2485485.95
- IPA Contribution: 130942.07
- ENI Contribution: 62024.92
- Call number
- Call 3
- Environment and culture responsible Danube region
- Specific objective
- Foster sustainable use of natural and cultural heritage and resources
|Filename||Date of upload|
|Living Danube Limes-E-Newsletter-Issue1.pdf||26-01-2021 15:58:39|
|University for Continuing Education Krems, Danube University Krems||Lead email@example.com||Austria|
|Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Germany|
|Paris-Lodron-University of Salzburg||ERDF email@example.com||Austria|
|University of Architecture and Urbanism “Ion Mincu” Bucharest||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Romania|
|National Tourism Cluster "Bulgarian Guide"||ERDF email@example.com||Bulgaria|
The first partner meeting of the international Living Danube Limes-project, co-financed by the European Union, took place online via ZOOM in December...
On December 14, 2020 a workshop on the reconstruction of the lusoria, our 4th century CE patrol ship, was hosted by the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. It lasted from...
From Archeological finds to reconstruction: THE Challenges of reconstructing a Lusoria and the "Danuvina Alacris" in the framework of the EU Interreg DTP project "Living...
On 24. September the kick off for the boat building within "Living Danube Limes" took place in Gunzenhausen...
The first online Local Focus Group Meeting on 16 September 2020 was attended by Prof. Alexandra Busch (general director of Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum), Prof....