Fostering a common bond in the Danube Region via heritage shared by all Danube countries is the main aim of the Danube Transnational Programme project “Living Danube Limes”. The Roman Danube Limes heritage and the Danube itself connect Central Europe with South-Eastern Europe and Living Danube Limes will further enhance that connection by highlighting the common heritage and the potential it holds for future development.
Living Danube Limes will
- foster a common Roman brand for the Danube countries,
- pave the ground for a Cultural Route spanning the whole Danube Region,
- develop strategies for preservation and management of cultural and natural heritage and
- foster green and sustainable tourism development.
For reaching this goal, Living Danube Limes follows a holistic approach to these issues, including
- archaeology and history,
- museums as dissemination hubs for both academia and the broad public,
- protection measures for cultural heritage and sustainable tourism solutions.
- Academia and broad public are directly linked via the reconstruction of the 4th century CE Danube patrol vessel, a lusoria, which is also the physical link between the identified pilot sites and the partner countries themselves.
All these aspects of Living Danube Limes are equally important, interlinked and directly dependent on each other.
- Start date
- End date
- Budget in Euro
- Overall: 3151121.2
- ERDF Contribution: 2485485.95
- IPA Contribution: 130942.07
- ENI Contribution: 62024.92
- Call number
- Call 3
- Environment and culture responsible Danube region
- Specific objective
- Foster sustainable use of natural and cultural heritage and resources
|University for Continuing Education Krems, Danube University Krems||Lead firstname.lastname@example.org||Austria|
|Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg||ERDF email@example.com||Germany|
|Paris-Lodron-University of Salzburg||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Austria|
|University of Architecture and Urbanism “Ion Mincu” Bucharest||ERDF email@example.com||Romania|
|National Tourism Cluster "Bulgarian Guide"||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Bulgaria|
On 24. September the kick off for the boat building within "Living Danube Limes" took place in Gunzenhausen...
The first online Local Focus Group Meeting on 16 September 2020 was attended by Prof. Alexandra Busch (general director of Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum), Prof....
The kick-off meeting of the international Living Danube Limes-project, co-financed by the European Union, took place online via ZOOM on August 10 and 11,...