Supporting the transformation, strengthen the competitiveness of traditional forest-based industries
This is one of the main objectives of the FORESDA – ‘Forest-based cross sectoral value chains fostering innovation and competitiveness in the Danube Region’ project which started officially on the 1st of January 2017 and lasts 30 months.
Forest-based industries have the potential to become the engine for sustainable and competitive bio economy in the Danube Region, but, unfortunately they suffer from significant disparities, low level of internationalization, lack of cooperation, weak innovation culture, etc.
Therefore, FORESDA was built-up in order to support the transformation of traditional forest-based industries.
Through its activities, FORESDA will transform the traditional forest-based areas into innovative, modern areas, develop innovation-friendly ecosystems aiming to improve or reconfigure the existing value chains; improve innovation culture in SME’s, and also strengthen collaboration in the quadruple helix and implement new ways of collaboration in the Danube area. Its objectives will strongly support knowledge transfer, collaboration and innovation towards a more resource and energy efficient and environmentally sustainable Danube region.
In order to achieve the planned outputs and results, the project will:
• link the forest-based sector with other relevant sectors
• reach a high number of SME’s and further organizations acting as catalysts for innovation processes
• connect different stakeholders within and between cross-sectorial value chains
• idea generation and capacity building
• Implement Pilot Innovation Environments, sustainable Collaborative Networks
FORESDA, thanks to its transnational approach will have a significant input in:
• Modernising the sector, and making it more attractive
• Developing entrepreneurship
• Making wooden projects more competitive
• Bringing back manufacturing to Europe with competitive high-quality products
The main results will be:
• increased effectiveness of collaborative research and innovation activities, leading to the emergence of new cross-sectoral value chains primarily in the areas smart and sustainable construction and furniture, innovative bio-based products and materials and energy efficiency;
• enhanced innovation management capacities in relevant intermediary organisations such as clusters;
• A durable transnational approach and strategy for the development of the forest-based sector.
- Start date
- End date
- Budget in Euro
- Overall: 2128319,38
- ERDF Contribution: 1506935,36
- IPA Contribution: 302136,06
- ENI Contribution: 0
- Call number
- Call 1
- Innovative and socially responsible Danube region
- Specific objective
- Improve framework conditions for innovation
|CyberForum e.V.||Lead firstname.lastname@example.org||Germany|
|Regional Economic Development Agency of Northern Black Forest||ERDF email@example.com||Germany|
|inno AG||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Germany|
|Wood Industry Cluster||ERDF email@example.com||Slovenia|
|Slovenian Forestry Institute||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Slovenia|
The Regional Economic Development Agency of Northern Black Forest visited the 7th International Wood Construction Forum as a representative for the FORESDA – Interreg Danube project. The International Wood Construction Forum (FBC) reunites the...
University of Belgrade – Faculty of Forestry (member of the FORESDA consortium), together with biggest wood industry and forestry companies from Serbia, organized on the 7 of April 2017, at the University of Belgrade a conference entitled: “Wood...
As a member and representative of the FORESDA consortium, the Regional Economic Development Agency of Northern Black Forest participated, at LIGNA2017 in Hannover, Germany on the 22 and 23 of May to inform themselves of the latest trends in the...
FORESDA was presented at the kick-off meeting of the ”Made in Danube” – Interreg Danube project on the 22. March 2017. The main focus of the Interreg Danube project “Made in Danube” Kick-off Event was on Bio-Economy as a key element for smart...
On 29th June 2017, the State of Baden-Württemberg organized an Information and Participation Day in Stuttgart in the framework of the European Strategy for the Danube Region, which aims at making the Danube Region one of...