Supporting the transformation, strengthen the competitiveness of traditional forest-based industries
This is one of the main objectives of the FORESDA – ‘Forest-based cross sectoral value chains fostering innovation and competitiveness in the Danube Region’ project which started officially on the 1st of January 2017 and lasts 30 months.
Forest-based industries have the potential to become the engine for sustainable and competitive bio economy in the Danube Region, but, unfortunately they suffer from significant disparities, low level of internationalization, lack of cooperation, weak innovation culture, etc.
Therefore, FORESDA was built-up in order to support the transformation of traditional forest-based industries.
Through its activities, FORESDA will transform the traditional forest-based areas into innovative, modern areas, develop innovation-friendly ecosystems aiming to improve or reconfigure the existing value chains; improve innovation culture in SME’s, and also strengthen collaboration in the quadruple helix and implement new ways of collaboration in the Danube area. Its objectives will strongly support knowledge transfer, collaboration and innovation towards a more resource and energy efficient and environmentally sustainable Danube region.
In order to achieve the planned outputs and results, the project will:
• link the forest-based sector with other relevant sectors
• reach a high number of SME’s and further organizations acting as catalysts for innovation processes
• connect different stakeholders within and between cross-sectorial value chains
• idea generation and capacity building
• Implement Pilot Innovation Environments, sustainable Collaborative Networks
FORESDA, thanks to its transnational approach will have a significant input in:
• Modernising the sector, and making it more attractive
• Developing entrepreneurship
• Making wooden projects more competitive
• Bringing back manufacturing to Europe with competitive high-quality products
The main results will be:
• increased effectiveness of collaborative research and innovation activities, leading to the emergence of new cross-sectoral value chains primarily in the areas smart and sustainable construction and furniture, innovative bio-based products and materials and energy efficiency;
• enhanced innovation management capacities in relevant intermediary organisations such as clusters;
• A durable transnational approach and strategy for the development of the forest-based sector.
- Start date
- End date
- Budget in Euro
- Overall: 2128319,38
- ERDF Contribution: 1506935,36
- IPA Contribution: 302136,06
- ENI Contribution: 0
- Call number
- Call 1
- Innovative and socially responsible Danube region
- Specific objective
- Improve framework conditions for innovation
|CyberForum e.V.||Lead email@example.com||Germany|
|Regional Economic Development Agency of Northern Black Forest||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Germany|
|inno AG||ERDF email@example.com||Germany|
|Wood Industry Cluster||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Slovenia|
|Slovenian Forestry Institute||ERDF email@example.com||Slovenia|
In Sarajevo, on the 6th of October, gathered more than 80 stakeholders from the forestry and woodworking sector with the aim of exchanging opinions and obtaining the latest information on EU funds and sectoral lobbying. The conference was...
You are cordially invited to meet CyberForum and discuss our current projects (H2020 INNOSUP PERMIDES, Interreg CE Urban Inno and Interreg DTP FORESDA) with us in Valencia from 8 to 9 November for the 2nd edition of the #GROWyourREGIOn...
In the framework ouf the 6th Romanian Cluster Conference, the General Assembly and Workshop of the Interreg DTP FORESDA will take place. Please don´t miss the opportunity to meet us at this great, international conference! Learn about our project...
On September 22nd, the Regional Development Agency of Northern Black Forest (FORESDA partner) organized a poster exhibition on current regional EU projects in the framework of its Municipality FORUM Northern Black Forest 2017 (KommunalFORUM...
The Congress of the SEE Sawmill Industry in Slavonski Brod (Croatia), which will be held on September 28th 2017, undoubtedly represents the main gathering place for the sawmill industry in this part of Europe. An up-to-date and dynamic program is...