In Europe, there are over 30 million blind and partially sighted people who cannot travel independently as more than 96% of the European transport system, especially in the Danube Region, is still not fully accessible to people with visual impairments. Many blind and partially sighted passengers find it extremely difficult, and in some cases even impossible, to use conventional transportation such as airplanes, buses, trains, or public transport. They have to rely on the assistance of a sighted person, whether it is their personal assistant, official staff member, or a random passer-by, which ensures their ability to travel but still presents several constraints when compared to sighted people’s experience.
The main objective of the project is to improve the accessibility of airports, seaports, train and bus stations to blind and partially sighted people by developing a set of new services and competences in order to allow them to have full access to all transportation information, facilities, and services.
In order to achieve this very challenging goal, the partnership will implement several activities based on a transnational and cooperative approach that are grouped into three specific objectives:
- Identification and analysis of existing solutions and practices;
- Cooperative design of a new concept of a fully accessible transportation system to blind and partially sighted passengers;
- Developing new competencies and testing innovative services for blind and partially sighted passengers.
The new services for blind and partially sighted passengers and new competencies of people working with passengers will contribute to making the Danube region more innovative and socially responsible.
- LP-ZLD Dubrovnik Airport Ltd (lead partner)
- PP2-BTS Airport Bratislava
- PP3-BUD Budapest Airport Zrt.
- PP4-BKK Centre for Budapest Transport
- PP5-UM University of Maribor
- PP6-BATTI Bulgarian Association for Transfer of Technology and Innovation
- PP7-HSS Croatian Blind Union
- PP8-BSVO Austrian Federation of the Blind and Partially Sighted
- PP9-LUD Dubrovnik Port Authority
- PP10-MOM Municipality of Maribor
- PP11-ACG JSC Airports of Montenegro
- PP12-POK Port of Kotor
- PP13-MAS Sarajevo International Airport
- PP14-MAB Public Association ”Moldova Association of the Blind”
- Slovak Blind and Partially Sighted Union
- Fraport Slovenija, d.o.o.
- Civil Aviation Authority of the Republic of Moldova
- DEX Innovation Centre
DURATION (30 months)
Start date the 1st of July 2020
End date the 31st of December 2022
BUDGET (Programme Co-financing)
Total Budget 2,192,546.66 EUR
ERDF 1,739,970.00 EUR
IPA II 362,130.00 EUR
ENI-MD 90,446.66 EUR
ENI-UA 0.00 EUR
- Start date
- End date
- Budget in Euro
- Overall: 2192546.66
- ERDF Contribution: 1478974.5
- IPA Contribution: 307810.5
- ENI Contribution: 76879.66
- Call number
- Call 3
- Innovative and socially responsible Danube region
- Specific objective
- Increase competences for business and social innovation
|Dubrovnik Airport Ltd||Lead firstname.lastname@example.org||Croatia|
|Airport Bratislava||ERDF email@example.com||Slovakia|
|Centre for Budapest Transport||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Hungary|
|University of Maribor||ERDF email@example.com||Slovenia|
|Bulgarian Association for Transfer of Technology and Innovation||ERDF firstname.lastname@example.org||Bulgaria|
Today, on 25th February 2021, DANOVA partners gathered for the second on-line Project and Steering Committee meeting. After the short overview of the status of the project implementation, two new partners were welcomed to the partnership....
On the 18th of December 2020, starting at 10 am, the press conference was organized on the occasion of the project "DANOVA: Innovative transport services for blind and partially sighted passengers in the Danube region". Interreg's program is...
Sarajevo TV News report presented the DANOVA project. In the video, Sarajevo International Airport (PP13-MAS) talks about project relevance, activities, and aims to be achieved over the next two years. The speakers are also blind and partially...
Sarajevo International Airport (PP13-MAS) presented the DANOVA project on Thursday, the 10th of December 2020. The aim of DANOVA is to improve the accessibility of airports, seaports, bus and train stations for blind and partially sighted...
Budapest Airport (PP3-BUD) and BKK Centre for Budapest Transport (PP4-BKK) held a joint online press conference on the 8th of December 2020 to present the DANOVA international R+D project currently realized with their participation in the...