UDJG OI Lab - Romania
“Dunărea de Jos” University of Galați created and set up one of the Open Innovation Labs within the DA-SPACE ecosystem. Being aware of the role that this laboratory will play in entrepreneurship innovation in the region, the university administration provided an appropriate space for the laboratory and, additionally to project budget, offered financial resources from university own funds for the arrangement and endowment of the Open Innovation Lab. The space was rebuilt from scratch to meet the demands of a creative and friendly space, according to open innovation activity demands.
The laboratory is in the largest campus of the university, in one of the major buildings of the Faculty of Engineering, namely building G.
The space has an area of 86 square meters and is organized in three areas: working, with 8 computers, a board table and a space for informal discussions and recreation.
The space is sufficient to accommodate at least two teams of up to four people each, working simultaneously or a large group of up to 12 people.
There is also a video projector, a multifunctional photocopier, a whiteboard and two mobile flipcharts, one for each team. The space is well lit, has good ventilation and it is possible to adjust temperature, as it is equipped with an air conditioning system.
Challenges - first round:
- Challenge RO 1 - User-friendly CFD-based numerical simulation module for Lead Acid batteries design and research
- Challenge RO 2 - Waste heat recovery from a patisserie
- Challenge RO 3 - Heat recovery from sterilization processes in dental clinics
- Challenge RO 4 - Design thinking techniques to upgrade the first world Digital Marketing simulation platform
- Challenge RO 5 - Reading Human Emotions
- Challenge RO 6 - Monitoring Elderly and Lonly People
- Challenge RO 7 - Heat recovery from showerbathtub waste water in an apartment building
- Challenge RO 8 - Growth hacking techniques to promote a Learning Management Systems aiming to enhance the interactions between academia and employers
- Challenge RO 9 - Transparent USB splitter for input devices
- Challenge RO 10 - Visual identification of personal cups to pre-select profile
- Challenge RO 11 - Automatic monitoring systems for location of mobile objects
- Challenge RO 12 - Equipment and detection and monitoring system cardiovascular disease in a patient
- Challenge RO 13 - Configurable automated systems dedicated to industrial testing processes
- Challenge RO 14 - Light block control system of a optical fiber
- Challenge RO 15 - Detection and correction of errors due to clipping effect for audio signals
- Challenge RO 16 - Accounting the students attendance to teaching activities
- Challenge RO 17 - Demo kit for modulated signals
Challenges - second round:
- Challenge RO 18 - eMOBILITY support infrastructure
- Challenge RO 19 - B2B Online Platform
- Challenge RO 20 - Scheduling clients at a service provider
- Challenge RO 21 - Reducing energy consumption for a building by using natural ventilation
- Challenge RO 22 - Thermal energy savings in a building by using phase change materials
- Challenge RO 23 - Macin Mountains – Android App - Plan your travel
- Challenge RO 24 - Energy conservation in a Sunflower Oil Mill
- Challenge RO 25 - Pan-tilt system for small photovoltaic panels
- Challenge RO 26 - Bee Hive Monitoring System using fog computing
- Challenge RO 27 - Design of a brand image promotion tool prototype by means of Augmented Reality
- Challenge RO 28 - Attracting candidates inside of specialized events
If you are interested to join us, please fill in the form.