SYNERGIES BUILDING AND NETWORKING
The seven projects within this Thematic Pole Projects strive for sustainable transport solutions and an improved mobility in the Danube region. The projects tackle various aspects such as: promotion of e-mobility and walking, creation of cycling connections between touristic places along the Danube river, development of sustainable urban mobility plans for functional areas and better integration of public transport, design of traveller information services, development of sustainable transport infrastructure concepts thoroughly considering the ecological corridors and enhancement of road transport safety.
Project Citywalk is a POLE LEADER and take overall coordination of capitalization activities.
How to start a sharing and learning!
Capitalization Pole 6 "Sustainable Mobility« Interreg Danube Projects: CityWalk, CHESTNUT, eGUTS, RADAR, Linking Danube, TRANSGREEN, Transdanube.Pearls have alredy implement lot of common activities. We are a special focus on the important deliverables which are similar and can be capitalized.
We have synergies in the project which are used between each other for sharing the results and integrate in own. Here are some examples:
• Project RADAR addresses all road-users but pays particular attention to the vulnerable road users, as it confronts: safety on major roads near the school. Safety on road is also addressed by projects CHESTNUT, CityWalk, eGUTS, and TRANSGREEN.
• Project TRANSGREEN’s main goal is to enable safer and environmentally-friendly road and rail networks in the mountainous regions of the Danube Basin which is also addressed by project RADAR.
• Project Transdanube.Pearls’ goal is to find the answer on how to reach “the Pearls” without using private car and by better combining existing mobility services. Both issues are also important in the projects CHESTNUT, CityWalk, eGUTS.
• Project Linking Danube focuses on connecting less accessible areas in the Danube Region by linking alternative public transport services and integrating demand transport data into the services. This is very close to projects Transdanube.Pearls and TRANSGREEN.
• Project TRANSGREEN’s main goal is to develop the concept for transnational, multi-modal journey planning services. Same activities and results can be shared with project Transdanube.Pearls.
• Project CHESTNUT’s main results are Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) at FUA level (to support new policymaking with a special focus on people). Synergies can be found with projects CityWalk, eGUTS, Linking Danube, Transdanube.Pearls, and RADAR.
• Project eGUTS implements various pilot actions in the fields of road preference and parking policies, charging stations, rental spots, and more. Same activities can be taken also from projects CityWalk, CHESTNUT, RADAR, and Transdanube.Pearls.
• Project CityWalk’s emphasis is on walking. The project addresses the challenge with a holistic approach – improving urban mobility through efficiently combining various means of transport. First and last mile is connected with projects CHESTNUT, eGUTS, Transdanube.Pearls, and Linking Danube.
In the context of the SC meeting of EUSDR Priority Area 1B (improve mobility and multimodality: road, rail, and air transport) projects decided to implement several capitalization workshops. On the last SC meeting in Beograd all members of Priority Area 1B and all projects decided they will help with the dissemination of the deliverables of each project. Members of Pole 6 also decided to produce 3. editions of the newsletter by the end of May 2019, and to provide to the members of 1B Area the policy recommendations from their projects.
From project presentation we realized that the projects tackle 3 out of 6 targets of the EUSDR Priority Area 1B:
TARGET 1 is tackled by projects Transdanube.Pearls and Linking Danube:
Improved travel times for competitive railway passenger connections between major cities in the Danube Region (DR) by 2030-
TARGET 5 is tackled by TRANSGREEN and RADAR:
Facilitate the improvement of secondary and tertiary roads in the DR.
TARGET 6 is tackled by CityWalk, CHESTNUT, eGUTS, RADAR and Transdanube.Pearls:
Support safe and sustainable transport and mobility in the Danube Region.
COMMON POLICY RECOMENDATIONS
WHAT WE HAVE DONE TILL NOW