The Danube Transnational Programme is a financing instrument of the European Territorial Cooperation (ETC), better known as Interreg. ETC is one of the goals of the European Union cohesion policy and provides a framework for the implementation of joint actions and policy exchanges between national, regional and local actors from different Member States.
The Danube Transnational Programme (DTP) promotes economic, social and territorial cohesion in the Danube Region through policy integration in selected fields.
In order to achieve a higher degree of territorial integration of the very heterogeneous Danube region, the transnational cooperation programme acts as a policy driver and pioneer to tackle common challenges and needs in specific policy fields where transnational cooperation is expected to deliver tangible results.
Considering its geographical coverage, this highly complex programme provides a political dimension to transnational cooperation which is unique in Europe, successfully facing challenges such as ensuring good mechanisms to contract partners who receive funding from different EU instruments.
The Danube Transnational Programme finances projects for the development and practical implementation of policy frameworks, tools and services and concrete small-scale pilot investments. Strong complementarities with the broader EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR) are sought.
The total programme budget is 274 578 077 euros, including the EU support (231 924 597,00 €) and the national counterpart (42 653 480,00 €).
The EU support comes from three different funds:
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) (202 095 405,00 €)
- Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance II (IPA II) (19 829 192,00 €)
- European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI) (10 000 000,00 €)
Selected projects are financed up to 85% of their costs.
- Programme priorities
- Participating countries
- Leaflet about DTP
- 2018 Brochure 'Danube Transnational Programme contribution to a better Danube region'
- 2019 Brochure 'Danube Transnational Programme's support to the EU Strategy for the Danube Region'
- DTP achievements in innovation and competences
- DTP achievements in environment and natural and cultural heritage
- DTP achievements in sustainable transport and energy
- DTP achievements in governance and improvement of institutional capacity
- DTP achievements for a better Danube region
More information about DTP
Download Cooperation Programme Version 3.0 C(2017)4091