The discussion about the future of EU Cohesion Policy 2020 has started. This includes dicussion on the future of territorial cooperation - better know as Interreg. Many institutions and countries have expressed publicly their views on how they see the future. The Danube Transnational Programme would like to contribute to the debate with this website section in which updated information and relevant documents will be included.
With view to the future of the programme and in order to demonstrate the added value of transnational cooperation in the Danube Region, a document containing four ESSENTIAL MESSAGES WITH PROJECT EVIDENCE has been produced by the DTP managing bodies. A longer list of messages about transnational cooperation in general has been jointly elaborated by the Interreg Transnational Programmes.
Moreover, we gave the opportunity to relevant stakeholders in the Danube Region to have a say on the future of the Danube Transnational Programme. The collected feedback will be taken into consideration by the programme Monitoring Committee both in the preparation of the third call for proposals and in the discussions about the future of transnational cooperation in the Danube Region. The survey about the future of the DTP was open until 10th March.
The European Commission launched a 'Public consultation on EU funds in the area of cohesion'. This consultation will help to design proposals for the next generation of financial programmes for the post-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework, which is the EU's long–term budget. Its objective is to collect the views of all interested parties on how to make the most of every euro of the EU budget. The questionnaire was open until 8th March 2018.
What is more, the European Commission has launched also the Consultation on the Future of Europe. This consultation lets express citizens concerns, hopes and expectations. This is about making people's voice heard by EU leaders to help them steer the priorities for next few years.
RELEVANT DOCUMENTS ON POST-2020
Country position papers
- Potentials for further improvement of transnational INTERREG Programmes post 2020 – some practical suggestions by German practitioners (German Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure)
- Working paper on the evolution of Interreg 2020+ (German Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure)
EUSDR Annual Forum 2017 contribution
KEY DATES ABOUT POST-2020 IN 2019
- Mid-March: Compromise agreement on ETC expected and presented by the RO Presidency
- End of March: expected clear position about Brexit
- March - June: position papers exercise for the next programming period done by the Commission
- 23-26 May: EP elections
- May/June/July: negotiations on the MFF, end of RO presidency
- By June: definition of 2019-2025 DG Regio's priorities
- June: kick off meeting EU 27 for the next programming period
- June: the Council compromise on ETC might take place
- By November 2019: New College of Commissioners